Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Blog Challenge #3: A Review of a Book you Recently Read.

The book that I recently read is:
1 PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the Bible. (Yes, I don't read, so I had to pick an awesome book from the Living Word!!)
I have recently read all of 1 Peter.
The epistles enrich me so much because I am very used to reading the Old Testament. Reading the Epistles is like taking in a breath of fresh air. The Old Testament is beautiful of course, but definitely different than the NT.
In this book Paul covered LOTS about sharing in the sufferings of Christ, which I really enjoyed. It inspired me to be much bolder about Christ and rejoice when I am persecuted.
Also covered in the earlier chapters, was much on the assurance of salvation, which especially blessed me.

This verse meant so much to me:
"Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ". (1 Peter 1:13, NKJV)

and this one:
"For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles- when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries." (1 Peter 4:3 NKJV)

Lord,
Please help me to put away my sins which I have spent enough of my life doing and follow you completely.
In Jesus' name, Amen. <3

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! except, you need to read Dorothy. Go get Ted Dekker ;). But seriously I totally agree! I love the NT. and 1 & 2 Peter are amazing! That first verse is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!! I love comments :))