Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Well, it's almost 2012. Here I am, waiting for my bff to get here so we can start the party!!

2011....you were kinda crazy. Actually, you were really mellow, which was crazy since 2010 was so crazy. I don't feel like rambling here so I think I'm just gonna post some random stuff about my year:

God is awesome. I am in awe of Him. He is good, He is worthy to be praised.

Life hurts, God heals. (No I did not make that up myself)

People who go to Psychiatrists and counselors are not freaks. Some people have divorced parents, some people have trouble in school, some people have drug problems, and some people have OCD, some people cut, and some people have self-image problems. Guess what? WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS!! This world tries to make out that some issues are bigger than others, BUT THATS NOT TRUE. Don't be afraid to seek help if you are going through something, and don't be turned away because you're afraid of feeling like a freak, you're not.

Sometimes I'm just gonna have to hurt. There is time in life for hurting and breaking and being at the complete end of your rope and there are times to rejoice and feel completely happy. Everyone goes through these stages, if you're in the hard one, hold on and never give up. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE AND WE WANT TO HELP. :)

It is a complete mystery why some of our best friends live so far away. It hurts to be away from those people, but I trust God that He has a plan for those relationships.

All you have is yourself. God has given you one personality, one face, one body, one life on this earth. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO STOP BEING YOU. Enjoy yourself and stop trying to be like everyone else. Your problems are not going to disapear after you turn 20 or after you get married. You are you FOREVER, so accept this and enjoy it. (NOTE: I totally need to take my own advice :S)

THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS (ROM 8:1) I've spent all this time feeling sinful and yucky inside, THAT'S NOT FROM GOD. Once we confess our sins there is no condemning anymore. God isn't mad at us, He isn't frowning and displeased. He looks at us as He looks at Jesus THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED. Rest in God's peace and love and look at this world with a bright outlook knowing that God loves you, no strings attached, no loopholes, no fine print.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope this encourages you. :) HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BE SAFE!!!

What has God taught you this year?





1 comment:

  1. DOROTHY I LOVE YOU!!!! This was 100% beautiful...I'm crying!! :') I know that God's plan for my friendship with you included the times you LEGIT changed my life. You made such a difference in my life.
    And that's SOO true. You're never gonna be "good enough" for that person in the mirror...just love what He has given you!

    "He looks at us as He looks at Jesus THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED. Rest in God's peace and love and look at this world with a bright outlook knowing that God loves you, no strings attached, no loopholes, no fine print."

    ^that is aaamazing and I can't believe I've never really believed that! Thank you!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!! I love comments :))