Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Idols...

Wrote this a couple months ago, just now posting it:

Do yourself a favor and take in the meaning of this song. Don't obsess over anyone in the media and think that you're not idolizing them and they have great morals just cause they say they are a Christian.
When they fall, it will hurt you, I know.
We all can fall, even if we once were on the right path.


You're the coolest person, that I have ever seen
So pretty with your perfect face on the tv screen.
Well, you're a god I know it how you stand above them all
You are my perfect person, man, I'd hate to see you fall
I want someone to believe in, yeah, well don't we all
Cause in this life of imperfection want someone who won't fall
You've got it, you've got it, you've got it all.
Got a magazine today, that was full of you
Shocked to read the words they said, tell me they're not true
Add you to my fallen list, one more has hit the ground
The fault was mine, I held you too high, your only way was down.
I want someone to believe in, yeah, well don't we all
Cause in this life of imperfection want someone who won't fall
You've got it, you've got it, you've got it all
I can't deny this need inside, I have to find the perfect one
But I wonder if behind my need, there might just be a reason
Is my life just one big searching for the one I can adore,
It never works and I'm just left here wanting more
Could it be this hungers there, to drive me to the One
Who's worthy of all worship, would my searching then be done?
("Pedestal" by BarlowGirl". You can look this up by googling it or listening to it on Zune.net)
This post was written in my lament over Joe Jonas' video for "Just in Love With You".
To fellow JoBro lover, Elissa, text me about it girl, it's depressing :(
Forever His,
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!! I love comments :))