Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Not Blind Anymore

Going into life right now, I feel...empowered by the Spirit of God.

I remember even just last year, I was beated down by everything else.  Everyone was smarter than me, even if the only knowledge they had on me was the latest dirty joke.  I was the innocent little girl who was to be treated with cotton and wrapped in bubble wrap. But since I was protected, I felt like some people just decided to toss me around.

But not now.

I'm a warrior.  I know people's dirty ways and am not gonna fall for them.  Sure, I'm not perfect, and I'm not made of iron. I fall for it sometimes. But I will NEVER stop fighting to examine my ways and make them conform to the truth.

 Jesus said, "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16)

This verse means so much to me and it is what I aspire to be.

I'm strong. I'm not weak anymore.  The Spirit of Truth dwells in me and will keep me safe against all Hell for His purposes.





Always His,
    Dorothy Marie <3


And yes, because I'm just awesome like that, Imma link a Katy Perry song that kinda relates to me.




2 comments:

  1. You are the most amazing person, Dorothy :D and I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is definitely a battle, with God as our King, and just like in a real war we must always be on the look-out for the enemies ambushes. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!! I love comments :))